Network organizations of ISPT and NL GUTS are working together along with SMEs, industry and knowledge institutes to make early adaptor projects happen.
- High-tech membranes will drastically lower the energy use in industrial processes
- SME’s need technical matchmaking in order to tailor their membranes to the specific needs of Dutch industrial partners
- The podcast series Bundled Early Adaptor Project (BEAP) puts SMEs in the spotlight
BEAP also created a podcast series
As set in the Paris Agreement and agreed to by the Dutch Climate Agreement, in 2050, the Dutch Industry needs to have 49% of its energy coming from renewable resources. It has been calculated that this can only be attained while at the same time greatly reducing industries energy consumption.
High-tech membranes will drastically lower energy use
A solution that would drastically lower the energy use in industrial processes is the use of high-tech membranes. This would replace or assist energy-inefficient processes such as distillation, crystallization and evaporation.
These new classes of membranes will also remove bottlenecks in the production process (like distillation) so that production at the plant is enhanced, renewable energy can be used and still show a return of investment to the implementation of our new technology of 5 years.
- Set up membrane pilots at industrial plants or using model mixtures of the fluid streams so that SMEs can develop their membranes tailored to these streams
- Develop clear protocols and procedures in order to correctly be able to test and compare the results of the pilots where the membranes were used
- Offer support to SMEs by means of technical workshops and technical matchmaking possibilities
- Maintaining an administrative infrastructure for innovation and dissemination of success in order to create further business development.
Opportunities for small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
To increase the opportunities for small and medium enterprises (SMEs), a project needs to be set up to help SMEs make contact with industries, localize and develop their technologies to suite the specific needs of Dutch industrial partners.
This is why the network organizations of ISPT and NL GUTS are working together along with SMEs, industry and knowledge institutes to make early adaptor projects happen.
BEAP, the Podcast
Listen to the BEAP podcast series.
You might also be interested in
This project is co-funded by TKI-Energy with the supplementary grant 'TKI- Toeslag' for Topconsortia for Knowledge and Innovation (TKI’s) of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy.